Monday, January 17, 2011

Learn from adversity…

I have been dealing with a lingering shoulder injury. This is something I have been struggling with for the last 9+ months. It is a very frustrating experience. I experience pain in the most common movements. I flinch when I put on my seat belt and cringe when I reach for something on the second shelf. This injury is a result of combined overuse and neglect.

As I go through this experience I think of the story of the silversmith. A silversmith has to put raw silver in the hottest part of the fire in order to draw out its impurities. Adversity allows you evaluate what is happening . The good news is, during times of trial you are able to experience times of triumph. This applies to all areas of our lives. As we pursue our goals of achieving elite levels of fitness, there will be adversity. There will be injury. There will distractions. There will be set backs. Whatever trials you experience make sure you learn.

What fires do you need to learn from?

Today’s WOD:

Max rep strict pull ups x 3

Then….

15 Squat Cleans (135/105) / 50 Double Unders /20 Burpee Vertical Jumps - 3 Rounds for time

CrossFit I-5 Academy of Elite Fitness in Mission Viejo, Ca.
Body Awareness ~ Weight Training ~ Running Technique ~ Cardio Endurance
High Intensity Functional Fitness ~ Personal & Group Fitness Classes

No comments:

Post a Comment